4 at Once

There's always been a problem for me to print multiple items at once. Since the completion of building Ultimaker kit, I have dealt with many small problems but for stringing and ooze are the major headache for me to print objects with limbs.

This thing(http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:12089) is sliced with newer version of Slic3r(0.7.2b) with feedrate of 60-90 mm/s. I had a few times of trouble with the thumbscrew on the extruder came loose(or it is just the hobbed bolt eating up the filament, thus it just feels like it.) This is another major frustration for me, especially in higher speed printing, when it happens the most.

There were times with prints almost done, only to be found out the extruder stopped extruding PLA in the middle and hot end has been just floating around in the air for an hour or so. Thesedays feedrate is set slower and the hot end temp is higher at about 210-215'C.

Comments